Pitt’s 2019 Alternative Break program is accepting applications! Students who want to make a difference, learn about themselves, and create a better community can choose to serve locally, nationally, or internationally, receive pre-training, and take leadership roles on campus by participating in Alternative Break.
All service will take place in March 2019 (except for Iceland, which will take place in May 2019). Students can select up to 3 sites in which they would like to serve. For more information, visit Pitt Serves’ Alternative Break.
Application deadline is through November 25, 2018. Interviews and selection will take place in November & December 2018. Team meetings will begin in January 2019 in preparation for travel in March 2019 (or May 2019, for Iceland).
Question? Email Kate Gascoine .
2019 University of Pittsburgh Alternative Break Opportunities
- Hill District with Global Brigades
- East Liberty with Repair the World
- Washington & Greene Counties with Center for Coalfield Justice and Washington & Jefferson College
- Tennessee with Cumberland Trail State Park
- New York City with YSOP
- Ecuador with United Planet
- Iceland with Center for Ecological Living & Learning and Solheimar Eco-Village
As part of your Alternative Break experience, you will reflect on the impact and meaning of your service, transfer what you have learned to your own community, and embark on a course of lifelong civic engagement.