Calendar of Events
Search for upcoming sustainability events, tours, lectures, sales, films, and celebrations, at the University of Pittsburgh and around the city!
Read our land acknowledgment.
Building Racial Equity in the Food System
The relationship between the food system and racial justice is pervasive, profound and pernicious. Food culture is a uniquely all-inclusive system. It affects all of us but does not equitably distribute resources or provide equal opportunity. Racism has kept people of color from owning and managing farms and food businesses and struggling with food insecurity at staggering rates. Reversing systemic injustices and moving toward an equitable and inclusive food system will be the important focus of our final webinar.
- Godfrey Bethea, Vice President, Equity, People and Culture, Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
- Dr. Audrey Murrell, Professor, University of Pittsburgh; Board Chair, Food21
- The Honorable Sonya Harper, State Representative, Illinois General Assembly
- Tacumba Turner, Farm & Education Manager, Oasis Farm & Fishery
- Dr. Diamonte Walker, Deputy Executive Director, Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh