The Office of Sustainability’s newly launched Green Home Office Challenge is helping Pitt employees examine their workspaces and tweak them to create a more comfortable, healthy, and productive environment that supports Pitt’s culture of sustainability remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
In order to assist participants in making their spaces more sustainable, Pitt Sustainability and its community partners have put together a series of informative lunch and learn events. Attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions and get tips from experts.
Check out the lineup below!
- Learn how to make your home office more energy efficient with Rebuilding Together Pittsburgh (RTP) and Dr. Lucy de Barbaro.
Thursday, November 12th at 12:00pm to 1:00pm
- Interested in starting your own backyard compost, but don’t know where to start?
- Learn the in and outs of composting with the Pennsylvania Resource Council (PRC). PRC will teach you the benefits of composting, along with how to set up composting at home, proper maintenance, and how to use finished compost. Following the session, you’ll be able to ask questions and make your own collection system or purchase a discounted FreeGarden EARTH composting bin to get started. Register here!
Wednesday, November 18th at 12:00pm to 12:30pm
- Do you ever wonder what can and can’t be recycled?
- Join experts from the Pennsylvania Resource Council (PRC) at the upcoming free virtual event hosted by Pitt Sustainability as part of their Green Home Office Lunch and Learn series. At this event, you will get the latest updates on recycling in Allegheny County and be able to get all of your recycling-related questions answered by experts! Register here!