We will advance the frontier of knowledge and make a positive impact on the world through collaborative and multi-disciplinary approaches to sustainability-related research that focuses on areas of great social and environmental need.
Goals and Aspirations
- Use the Pitt campus as a living laboratory for faculty and students to implement new ideas and study outcomes over time.
- Provide more opportunities and incentives for interdisciplinary research as well as the bridging of academics and operations – promoting an environment of informing and working together.
- Raise external funds for endowed chair(s) to support faculty with research expertise in sustainability.
- Develop an endowed seed grant fund to provide greater opportunity for sustainability focused federal grants.
- Increase prestigious scholarship opportunities for undergraduate and graduate research in sustainability.
- Raise the visibility of faculty research in sustainability.