We will strive for responsible consumption of potable and nonpotable water sources and use best-practice stormwater management and reuse on campus.
Goals and Aspirations
- Work with the City to ensure clean, healthy drinking water for all in our community.
- Strive toward a water neutral campus, with a 3% reduction in water use by 2020 from 2017 baseline.
- Embrace the Pittsburgh 2030 District goals of 50% reduction below the district average in water use intensity (consumption per square foot) by 2030 and establish design standards and operational practices to achieve them.
- Reduce impervious surfaces by 20% by 2030 from 2017 baseline.
- Divert 25% of stormwater from remaining impervious surfaces to rain gardens, bioswales, or rainwater harvesting tanks by 2030.