Pitt’s Office of Sustainability is looking to add new members to our team! Currently, we have two internship positions open that we are looking to fill for the upcoming Spring 2021 semester. We are seeking creative, self-motivated applicants with strong writing and analytical skills!
Apply today and help us cultivate a culture of sustainability on Pitt’s campus!
Our Sustainability Intern will help research, analyze, plan for, and implement progress towards various aspects of the Pitt Sustainability Plan! This intern will be responsible for various projects including:
– Creating reports and presentations on the progress of sustainability goals;
– Supporting Pitt Green suite of programs, including Pitt’s Green Office, Labs, Events, Green Home Office Challenge, etc.;
– Researching and integrating best practices from sustainability programs of relevance at other universities for Pitt-specific programs;
– Analyzing data and tracking progress on sustainability initiatives to improve reporting and implementation (e.g., data analysis, Qualtrics surveys to improve data collection, etc.);
– Strategy support and on-the-ground support for achieving campus-wide sustainability plan goals;
– And more!
The Communications Intern for our office will help communicate, plan for, research, and implement progress towards various aspects of the Pitt Sustainability Plan. Additionally, this individual will be responsible for various projects including:
– Creating content for and editing the Pitt Sustainability website, calendar, newsletter, Twitter, and Instagram;
– Designing comprehensive infographics that easily express sustainability messaging to the broader Pitt community;
– Creating progress information and graphics for reports on sustainability goals expressed in the Pitt Sustainability Plan;
– Developing and organizing photo and graphic archives to enable fast and efficient media posts, with the potential to create original marketing materials and take original photographs when opportunities arise.
– And more!