The City of Pittsburgh has championed sustainability in recent years by stating its goals and aspirations in many local and international forums.
In the News: Pittsburgh Sustainability
- Pittsburgh Second City to Integrate UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Pittsburgh Spotlighted as Leader in Advancing Sustainable Development Goals
- Bloomberg Awards Pittsburgh Over $2.5 Million To Address Climate Change
- From Steel City to STEM City: Why Smart Millennials Are Making Pittsburgh Home
- Pittsburgh: Leading Green Building Hub?
- Pittsburgh Recognized as Biophilic City
- City of Pittsburgh’s
- Allegheny Conference’s Sustainability Principles
- Pittsburgh 2030 District – Over 500 local buildings striving towards 50% reductions in energy use, water consumption, and transportation emissions by 2030, while improving indoor air quality.
- CEOs for Sustainability – Over 40 regional CEOs committed to sustainability in business
- p4 Pittsburgh Framework: People, Planet, Place, & Performance
Sustainable Places to Visit
- Phipps Botanical Gardens & Conservatory’s Center for Sustainable Landscapes
- Sustainable Pittsburgh Restaurants
- almost 150 restaurants have been designated sustainable based on their practices regarding waste reduction, water conservation, energy efficiency, people, sourcing, and nutrition
- Frick Park Environmental Center
- this LEED Platinum Certified Building serves as Pittsburgh’s hub for environmental education
- Pittsburgh’s nearly 2,000 acres of parks, run by Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy
- Enjoy Pittsburgh’s growing bike culture