In its 6th year, the Pitt Sustainability Awards program continues to recognize Pitt faculty, staff, students, and groups who are making an extraordinary impact on campus sustainability.
These individuals or groups have demonstrated their impact in any of the 3 categories of the Pitt Sustainability Plan (Stewardship, Exploration, and/or Community and Culture) via ideas, talents, and passions that contribute to a thriving culture of sustainability at Pitt. Winners will be recognized at the Spring Sustainability Symposium over lunch in April 2020.
Nominations can be submitted until February 28, 2020 in 5 categories:
- Individual – Faculty
- Individual – Staff
- Individual – Student
- Initiative – Faculty/staff group or team
- Initiative – Student group or student-led
Visit Pitt Sustainability Awards to submit a nomination or learn about past Pitt Sustainability Award winners.
2020 Awards Committee
- Emily Elliott, Professor, Department of Geology & Environmental Science
- Gena Kovalcik, Co-director, Mascaro Center for Sustainable Innovation
- Isabelle Ouyang, Undergraduate Student, English Writing
- Aurora Sharrard, Director of Sustainability, Office of Sustainability