Pitt Climate Action Plan Acknowledgements
Carbon Commitment Committee
As part of our commitment to achieve carbon neutrality on our Pittsburgh campus by 2037, the Chancellor’s Advisory Council on Sustainability created a Carbon Commitment Committee to hone, design, and manage the University’s plan to achieve its carbon neutrality goal by 2037, while annually evaluating progress.
- CHAIR: Dr. Aurora Sharrard, Director of Sustainability, Office of Sustainability
- Jennifer Barnes, Supplier Diversity and Sustainability Coordinator, Purchasing Services
- Scott Bernotas, Vice Chancellor, Office of Facilities Management
- Dr. Melissa Bilec, Deputy Director, Mascaro Center for Sustainable Innovation; Associate Professor, Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Dustin Gray, Executive Associate Athletic Director for Administration, Athletics
- Max Harleman, PhD Candidate, Graduate School of Public and International Affairs (GSPIA, ‘21 graduation)
- Dr. Michael Holland, Vice Chancellor for Science Policy and Research Strategies, Office the Senior Vice Chancellor for Research
- Dr. Katrina Kelly-Pitou, Assistant Research Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Mary Beth McGrew, Associate Vice Chancellor, Planning, Design, and Real Estate
- Ellen Oordt, Undergraduate Student, Ecology and Evolution, ‘22
- Rebecca Roadman, Chief of Staff, Business and Operations
This group would like to recognize the regular contributions and direction provided by the Chancellor’s Advisory Council on Sustainability. , along with Chancellor Patrick Gallagher; Dr. David N. DeJong, Senior Vice Chancellor for Business and Operations; and Hari Sastry, Senior Vice Chancellor and Chief Financial Officer, for their guidance and support.
The PittCAP planning team was honored to and invigorated by engaging with various groups of students, faculty, and staff throughout the planning effort, including:
Student Office of Sustainability and its affiliated student group
Council of Deans and the University Senate’s PUP Committee
Offices of Business and Auxiliary Services and Facilities Management, HR Partners, Staff Council, Operations Council, and University Communications
Greenhouse Gas Inventory Team
Special thanks are due to the individuals who have overseen, created, and reviewed Pitt’s five GHG inventories, along with a much larger set of individuals across University departments who have and continue to supply information to the GHG Inventory process.
- ADVISOR: Dr. Melissa Bilec, Deputy Director, Mascaro Center for Sustainable Innovation; Associate Professor, Civil and Environmental Engineering
- FY19 & FY20: Jessica Vaden, Graduate Student Researcher, Civil and Environmental Engineering
- FY17: Haley Gardner (’17, ‘19 SSOE)
- FY14: Vaclav Hasik (‘19 SSOE)
- FY11: Kevin J. Ketchman (‘17 SSOE)
- FY08: Can B. Aktas (‘10 SSOE)
- REVIEW: Laura Zullo, Director of Administration, Business and Operations; Rich Heller, Retired, Office of Facilities Management (FY17); Dr. Aurora Sharrard, Director of Sustainability, Office of Sustainability (FY19 and FY20)
We’d also like to thank all individuals who helped create, mold, and advance this plan from concept into being, especially Nalyn Siripong (Pitt IT), along with John Sebastian and students in Civil and Environmental Engineering ‘s Fall 2020 Professional Development class for their contributions in advancing ideas and future opportunities for Pitt related to campus insets and offsets.
Baumgartner Urban Systems Strategy (BUSS)