Carbon Commitment Committee
As part of our commitment to achieve carbon neutrality on our Pittsburgh campus by 2037, the University of Pittsburgh is creating a Carbon Commitment Committee. A subcommittee of the Chancellor’s Advisory Council on Sustainability, the Carbon Commitment Committee’s goals are to:
- Hone, design, and manage the University’s plan to achieve its carbon neutrality goal by 2037.
- Develop of a Pitt Climate Action Plan to achieve carbon neutrality.
- Annually evaluate progress towards carbon neutral goal, submit progress evaluations, and sharing progress .
- Develop inclusive and equitable operational, curricular, research, and community engagement strategies related to carbon neutrality.
- Celebrate accomplishments and performance.
- (Re)focus on existing and emerging areas of GHG emissions reduction opportunity.
Curious how we’re doing on achieving this goal? Follow along on our Sustainability Dashboard.
- CHAIR: Dr. Aurora Sharrard, Director of Sustainability, Office of Sustainability
- Jennifer Barnes, Supplier Diversity & Sustainability Coordinator, Purchasing
- Scott Bernotas, Associate Vice Chancellor, Facilities Management
- Dr. Melissa Bilec, Deputy Director, Mascaro Center for Sustainable Innovation; Associate Professor, Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Dustin Gray, Executive Associate Athletic Director for Administration, Athletics
- Max Harleman, PhD Candidate, Graduate School of Public & International Affairs (GSPIA)
- Dr. Mike Holland, Vice Chancellor for Science Policy & Research Strategies, Research
- Dr. Katrina Kelly-Pitou, Assistant Research Professor, Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Mary Beth McGrew, Associate Vice Chancellor, Planning, Design, & Real Estate
- Ellen Oordt, Undergraduate Student, Ecology & Evolution, ‘22
- Rebecca Roadman, Senior HR Project Manager, Human Resources